Asteelflash is one of the global leaders in Electronic Manufacturing Services with 17 manufacturing locations and 6000 employees worldwide. Since December 2020, Asteelflash is a fully-owned subsidiary of USI (SSE: 601231), Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., with a total of 27 Manufacturing locations across 11 countries, 24,000 employees across the globe, and revenue of $6.3B in 2019.
Asteelflash Bedford (UK) manufactures electronic assemblies for a broad customer base across a wide range of market sectors including Industrial, Telecommunication, Data processing, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace and Automotive.
Asteelflash Bedford is seeking a Quality Manager to lead the quality department and to manage, update and maintain the company quality standards, ISO9001, AS9100, ISO14001 and IATF16949.
This role will suit either an existing Quality manager or an experienced Quality engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate for the Quality Managers position will have the following experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ demonstrable experience as a Quality Manager or Quality Engineer working to IATF16949 quality standards (Essential).
- Experience updating and maintaining IATF16949 & ISO14001 QMS (Essential).
- Carrying out internal and external audits (Essential).
- Experience working in electronics assembly (Desirable).
- Experience updating and maintaining ISO9001 and AS9100 QMS (Desirable).
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives (Desirable).
- Ensure the consistency of the quality system with customers system requirements through quality certifications and internal audits.
- Lead and support the quality team in their preparation and realization of certification audits.
- Ensure AFG standards in the factory are maintained and continually improved.
- Contribute to the improvement of Asteelflash Group standards.
- Create and implement standards specific to their site.
Quality Reporting & Control
- Create and implement relevant reporting tools needed to manage daily quality performance.
- Ensure that corrective action plans are created and actioned.
- Report quality KPIs regularly to group quality director via quality dashboards.
- Ensure that customer quality requirements are known, understood and taken into account.
- Represent the customer within Asteelflash (has the authority to stop production / process that threatens the quality of the delivered products).
- Support his/her site on the treatment of their quality problems and sets up the most appropriate tools to solve them quickly (data logic analysis, Pareto, 8D, QRQC- Quick Response Quality Control, FMEA- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, control plans, process control, process audits, action plans,…).
- Is proactive and drives operational activities in his/her plant (quality projects animation, “best practices”, “benchmarking”,…).
Budget and Team Management
- Manage the budget attributed to his/her service.
- Animate quality network (organization, quality coordination meetings, quality tools…).
- Manage staff (schedules, holidays,…).
- Develop team autonomy (flexibility, competences, training plan).
- Lead appraisal reviews, salary review and career review for his/her team.
Occasional travel, possibly overseas, may be required to visit customers or other Asteelflash sites.
Please send your application to our HR Manager, Caroline Harvey
Please do not apply on the website – send an email directly to Caroline.Harvey@asteelflash.com