Asteelflash is currently looking for a Power Electronics Engineer to join our team of talented engineers at our Fremont, CA facility.
The Power Electronics Engineer plans and executes research activities in power electronics development, integration, prototyping and testing of high-performance DC-to-DC converters.
- Hands on experience developing high power converters (100kW+). 1500V, 3 level full bridge, grid-tied inverter design experience preferred (battery inverter experience highly valued)
- Extensive experience evaluating, validating, and testing such designs.
- Good understanding of physics, component selection of semiconductor devices, magnetics, cable/bus bar and protection devices.
- Experience with various communication protocols (Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3, CAN, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of compliance requirements such as UL1741, grid codes such as IEEE 1547 and installation codes such as the NEC.
- Familiarity with control concepts such as space vector PWM, PLL design, sequence components, frequency response analysis.
- Familiarity with design tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, SPICE
- Familiarity with control system hardware and embedded system programming in C
- Experience with PV+Storage & PV Systems applications
- Experience as technical lead in power electronics products development
- Experience resolving issues from the field, performing root cause analysis, and designing mitigations
- Design reviews to assess detailed aspects of inverter, DCDC, and PV optimizers design, including design of the power conversion stack, modeling of thermal behavior, modeling of control algorithms.
- Drive Customers inverter certification roadmap and witness IEC, UL, and grid code certification testing. Manage the work carried out by 3rd party certification labs in China, US, and Europe. Review certification test reports and suggest and lead additional testing, if needed.
- 2+ years’ experience developing power electronics systems
- Minimum of a BS degree in Engineering OR Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Electronics or Power Systems
- Advanced Engineering degree preferred